Water Sprite

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alshain

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Has anyone had any experience with these. I had one in my tank and it practically disentigrated (I actually think the fish were digging to up, it wouldnt stay in the substrate). I removed its pieces to a bucket of tank water hoping it will re-root, any suggestions how to save it?

how much light over your tank? what size tank?

I've only tried watersprite once, and didn't have much luck, but I wasn't maintaining that tank very regularly either.

Its an Eclipse 12 system with flourecent bulb. I leave it on most of the day and turn it off when I go to bed.

probably not enough light then. 12 gallons...any idea the wattage on the bulb, and is it a normal fluorescent, or a power compact?

I'm not a real fan of the Eclipse systems so I don't know much about the built in light, other than they never seem to be enough, and they're a real pain to upgrade (i.e. you have to cut plastic away)

malkore said:
probably not enough light then. 12 gallons...any idea the wattage on the bulb, and is it a normal fluorescent, or a power compact?

I'm not a real fan of the Eclipse systems so I don't know much about the built in light, other than they never seem to be enough, and they're a real pain to upgrade (i.e. you have to cut plastic away)

Yeah, I didn't buy it. My brother-in-law gave it to me, otherwise I would have bought a standard glass tank and outfitted the equipment myself. But my radican sword and micro sword seem to be flourishing. I'm wondering if the larger gravel substrate is too big for it.

Devilishturtles said:
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/profiles/7_19_en.html

Check out this article. It may help you.

I think I'm going to try regrowing it in a small jar on a windowsil to see if I can get it to reroot. If it works, then I will try replanting it in the tank. Otherwise, I'll just find something else.

Back
Top Bottom