Water test results with new plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BEANS

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys got a couple questions since I added some new plants I got from the store and fort (which were great). I did a water check and my ph is 8.0 my nitrates are 10 nitrites are 0 and ammonia is 0. I know most of my stuff is in check but my higher ph is cause I have cichlids. Will the higher PH affect my new plants in any way? should I lower it a bit, keep it the same? also I have a freshwater fahaka puffer whose ph range should be 7 is this too high for him? He acts fine and happy but I just wanted to make sure I wasnt making a bad environment for him. thanks for any help.

also I have had a little bit of algae problem which I think is blue-green algae fort has given me some tips on how to control it but I was wondering if any of my water ranges would be the problem of its growth or if it is prolly too much light and feeding? thanks again!

stable ph is more important. most all fish will adapt to a higher ph. majority of all plants will be fine in higher ph water. i have countless number of plants in the same 8.0 ph water all doing fine.

thanks for the info.

Second set of questions, Here are some pics on how I planted my new plants, they are crypts, java moss, java ferns, rotella rotundom (sp) and im not sure what the other kind is hehe I forget. My question is did I plant the properly? do they look like they will hold and are in good positions? not sure how this works exactly I just know that ferns and moss can go on rocks and wood and rest need substrate. thanks!

gonna post below with a few more

Attachments

• PIC-0305.jpg
    PIC-0305.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 48
  • PIC-0306.jpg
    PIC-0306.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 51
  • PIC-0307.jpg
    PIC-0307.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 50
  • PIC-0308.jpg
    PIC-0308.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 47
here are some more with a full tank shot to give you an idea what it looks like. any tips are appreciated!

btw im running roughly 175watts over a 75g tank so like 2w per gal on these plants

Attachments

• PIC-0309.jpg
    PIC-0309.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 85
  • PIC-0313.jpg
    PIC-0313.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 54
  • PIC-0311.jpg
    PIC-0311.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 51
  • PIC-0310.jpg
    PIC-0310.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 54
I love it! I was thinking of doing something similar with a rock wall against the back. Did you just squeeze the ferns in the rock cracks, or are they tied to them somehow?

I just squeezed them in tight places and try to wedge them in.

BEANS, I like it! Those crypts may die off a bit, but they will come back strong. They are pretty sensitive to being moved, let alone shipped. I really like the rock work. I think when it grows in it will be awesome.

Really liking the hardscapre (rocks, dw, ect.) Once plants grow in, you'll find it's much easier to scape with them. I wasn't getting into real scaping til I was actually growing plants well and stuff.

Can't wait to see this project go on. We always will appreciate those pictures :D

yeah ill post new pics monthly or biweekly or something.

Back
Top Bottom