Water wisteria

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

litebrite8765

Aquarium Advice Activist
My wisteria has been growing a lot and The top half looks great but the bottom half of the plants still have the ugly emmersed growth. Will the leaves eventually did off and be replaced with new ones? I don't want to trim off the top and replant because they probably have developed roots by now that I don't want to disturb.

My wisteria has been growing a lot and The top half looks great but the bottom half of the plants still have the ugly emmersed growth. Will the leaves eventually did off and be replaced with new ones? I don't want to trim off the top and replant because they probably have developed roots by now that I don't want to disturb.
You can cut the tops off, discard the bottom halves. Just replant the tops. You will not damage the plant in any way. I have been told this is the best way. Wisteria grows like a weed anyway, so you will be trimming and replanting quite regularly!!!

Stem plants quite often require propagation of the new growth. Plants direct their energy and nutrients into new growth. Subsequently old growth ends up looking well ...... Old. Algae often takes hold on the old growth.

Just cut the stems at the point where the old leaves have finished. Pull up or cut out the old stem. Then replant the new stem deep into the substrate. New roots will form from the stem

I felt the same way at first. Trim off the BOTTOM half and throw it away? That's where all my roots are! It's crazy.

Back
Top Bottom