Water wisteria growth issues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kmny34

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I got some water wisteria about 1 month and a half ago and it came in emersed form. I let it float in my tank for a few days til it got roots. I then cut the stems in half and planted them in my tank. There is still very little to no growth on them. I thought this plant was suppose to be like a weed in pretty much any set up.

My specs are:
90 gallon tank
Lighting- 48 in finnex planted + & a lowlight 48 in beamswork led
Lights run for 6hrs daily
I use osmocote plus root tabs

I do have flourish comp ferts but havent been dosing!
Should i dose? How much per week?

All of my other plants grow great!
Multiple crypts
Jungle val
Java fern
Crynum natans

What am i doing wrong with water wisteria? ??????????

Sent from my SM-N900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

From my experience I waited till the wisteria got big before I started trimming it. If you cut it while it was still short, you may have killed the plant.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

From all the specs you've posted I don't see why they won't grow. I had mine under moderate lighting and I didn't dose anything and had no nutrient rich substrate and it still grew rapidly. You can check out my you tube channel @ILLUMINATIONS and check them out in my 1.5 and 20 gallon. It is a fast growing plant so I don't really know why they aren't growing.

From my experience I waited till the wisteria got big before I started trimming it. If you cut it while it was still short, you may have killed the plant.

When i got the plants they were about 8 inches each stem. Cut in half to about 4 inches

Sent from my SM-N900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The stems may have been adjusting to submerged growth. Give them time and they will become a weed.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yea give em some time to do they're thing wen I had mine leaves that were cut in half sprouted roots....

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom