Water Wisteria Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aqua7

Aquarium Advice Activist
My water wisteria plant has gradually lost leaves and now only a few remain at the top. What is going on? Anyone's help is appreciated.

What's your lighting and tank size? Do you use ferts?

Rush03 said:
What's your lighting and tank size? Do you use ferts?

I have two FL bulbs both 20w. The tank is 10 gallons. I do use liquid ferts from tetra. My other plants are doing great.

Could the dwarf gourami or zebra danios be the cause?

What are you dosing with and what is the k on the bulbs? I have 2 20w 6500k bulbs which are on for 8 hrs a day and I dose 1.5ml daily of excel and 5ml weekly of API leafzone and I have to trim it at least twice a month.

I forgot to mention that I do see a new runner on the sides weekly.

alex07 said:
What are you dosing with and what is the k on the bulbs? I have 2 20w 6500k bulbs which are on for 8 hrs a day and I dose 1.5ml daily of excel and 5ml weekly of API leafzone and I have to trim it at least twice a month.

I don't remember the exact name of the ferts (I'm not home at the moment), but it's Tetra brand. My bulbs are also 5600k.

Now the stems on the plant have somehow rotten and broken from the bottom and the plants are floating.

You are using the spiral bulbs correct? If not can you take a pic of your bulbs.

alex07 said:
You are using the spiral bulbs correct? If not can you take a pic of your bulbs.

Yes I am using spiral bulbs. I think I figured out why it dropped all the leaves except the top ones. It seems that they do that when they're cramped.

Back
Top Bottom