Went planted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Parker

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have had my first tank set up for three short weeks and I hated the plastic plants the second they went in to the tank. Today I decided it was time to rectify that and I headed down to the store and picked up a CoraLife 24" 28w light (probably paid too much for it) and some plants. The tank has quite a bit less in it now, but I am much happier with the way it looks. smile.gif

What do you think?

Regards

Attachments

• tank_141.jpg
    tank_141.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 127
I applaud you for replacing the plastic plants with real ones :) Nice job. You're off to a good start. Those Java ferns will eventually get nice and thick. And the Vals should also do well in a low-light tank. I like the background too.

ditto on the background

yeah after a few months your tank will be lush and full of plants and you'll have to trim them and you could plant more, its going to look fantastic :D

Its either windelov, or a common fern with tons of baby plantlets on the tips of the leaves.

I can't quite tell if those are vals in the background or not. Almost looks like it could be mondo grass, or sagiterria.

There are

Plants:
1 - Java Fern
1 - Windelov Java Fern
2 - Vallisneria Torta.

It looks pretty sparse right now, I hope it grows in over the coming months..

Good idea to let some of the ferns grow in the substrate. I've found they do much better and become more full when this is the case! Whenever I attach to driftwood, the leaves are short and thin, but very thick!

Back
Top Bottom