What a difference a week makes! - PICS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

David14259

Aquarium Advice Freak
I didn't realize how much my tank changes in a week until I looked at these pictures. Especially the Riccia and Dwarf Sag!

4/7/2007
tank4-7-07.jpg

4/12/2007
tank4-12-2007.jpg

4/19/2007
tank4-19-2007.jpg

I'm loving the grassy stepping stones...what do yo have planted in them? Oooh, I want some!!!

Their also perfect for selling if you want to make some $$ or trade for others, and easily re-makeable! Fantastic!

That is some remarkable progress in just two weeks! Whatever you are doing, you are doing it very well!!!

black hills tj said:
looks good...might want to start doing a little trimming IMO

Haha...yeah I know... during the week and a half of those pics, i trimmed at least 4 times. The Ambulia, Water Sprite, and Wisteria, and Hygro both grow inches a day.

I'm loving the grassy stepping stones...what do yo have planted in them? Oooh, I want some!!!

Thanks, the 'stepping stones' are pieces of slate with riccia tied to them.

I heart your driftwood, big time. It is perfect.

Thanks, I love it to! I just wish I could figure out how to get more light on it for photographs so you can see it better. There is a better pic of it in my signature.

MSU Fan said:
I'm loving the grassy stepping stones...what do yo have planted in them?

That's his Riccia. It's pretty commonly available. It frows pretty tall/weedy looking if not "mowed" regularly.

squawkbert said:
That's his Riccia. It's pretty commonly available. It frows pretty tall/weedy looking if not "mowed" regularly.

Yep, I'm going for little round bushes, I hope. I'm going to let it grow a bit more, then trim it and tie the cuttings to some new slate. :)

rich311k said:
Very nice, everything looks nice and healthy.

Thanks Rich!

The Rotala Macandra you can see in the first picture died shortly after I got it. I was able to clip the tips of the stems off, and they're growing nicely...about an inch a week it looks like! I'm excited to get some more color in there besides all green.

Anyone have any tips on how I can get the sunset hygro to color up a bit more? It had some very bright pink/red new growth, but it has since faded.

Now if something would just flower...my life would be complete.

Thanks all for your comments!

ryan said:
your tank is awsome what do u do to get it so good. nice work.

Thank you Ryan. Honestly, I don't know what I do. This is my first planted tank. I've got 3.3ish Watts per gallon and pressurized CO2 hooked up with Eco-Complete substrate and regular fert dosing.

How did I miss this! What a beautiful tank, love the Riccia. Man, that grew in quick. I may have to try that! Great work.

Back
Top Bottom