What are some good plants that look clean/neat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MC1973

Aquarium Advice Activist
I currently have HC and microswords, they look kind of messy and I'm not sure I have the right setup for a carpet look (30W in 10 gallon with CO2, Fluorite, and some liquid dosing).

So I was wondering if you guys could recommend a plant that would look nice and fill up the tank without looking too messy. Do you think I should wait on the HC and see if it will grow in better? I've had it running for a couple of weeks.

I like dwarf hairgrass or dwarf sag myself. But I tend to be drawn towards more of the grassy looking plants for the most part, so I'm probably a bit biased.

Check out ambulia, I LOVE it in my high tech tank.it looks so frilly and neat. IMO, it looks like if you were to touch it, it'd be fluffy lol I'll attatch a picture.

Did you break up the HC and Micro Sword or just plant in a clump ??
If you Google how to plant it, I think there are even videos.

I agree. What kind of planting pattern did you do? Maybe a pic so we can further see what your talking about. Thanks.

Ambulia might be a bit large for a 10. Lobelia cardinalis is a nifty plant to contrast the small leaf size of HC. Especially if you've got an iwagumi thing going on.

Careful of dwarf sag. It tends to go ballistic in high light, high co2 setups. Took over half my tank before I started playing hardball with it. Nice plant though.

Back
Top Bottom