What are these?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gilpi

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I picked a bunch of these today labeled as "grass"... Any clue what they are? I was told they are low maintenance and low/medium light but I'm not sure the Petco staff is the most experienced.
I'm looking for some low to medium light plants I can use with my rainbows, I'll be using fine gravel.
Any help appreciated, thanks.

Attachments

• image-1117422879.jpg
    image-1117422879.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 78
Could be mondo grass, which is semi-aquatic. It will slowly deteriorate fully submerged and eventually rot. You should return it.

For moderate lighting, you can try dwarf hair grass or micro swords, if the big box pet stores are only what's available to you.

If you have LFS 's that sell plants or if you buy online, the possibilities of other plants expands considerably.

Most likely with grass like species, you'll need to either inject co2 or dose a liquid carbon like excel or glut. Liquid carbon will, however, melt Vals (which look like thick blades of grass).

Oh well, too good to be true, shows my inexperience :(

I've been into tropical fish for a big part of my life but never attempted a go at plants, it seemed like the stuff to have in a tank.

Thanks for the advice.

I made the same mistake! You can always take it outside and plant it in the ground! haha

Back
Top Bottom