What brand/model/type/DIY lighting system do you use?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SwerveDriver

Aquarium Advice Regular
So, what type of lighting system do you use for your planted aquarium? What brand, model and type (flourescent, halide, compact) of lighting do you use and what's your aquarium size? If you've gone the DIY where did you get your material?

Broad question ;)
On my 20gallons I use a coralife 1x65 freshwater light, with mounting legs.
On my 29gallon, I use 4x20 normal output fluorescents in a canopy I built (the fixtures are cheap fluor. strip lights, screwed into the canopy lid)
On my 75 gallon, 4x55watt PC's using ballast kits from www.hellolights.com with Ahsupply.com reflectors - in a canopy I built
On my 40gallon salt, 2 1x96watt kits from www.AHsupply.com - in a canopy I built

My 15 gal has 1 - 18inch tube, no plants.

My 33 gal has 3 different tubes and is close to 3 watts a gallon, it has CO2 injection and only a java fern and 4 angles remainng in it :lol: .

My 120 gal just has a shoplight fixture with a daylight and gro tube totaling 80watts.
No plants in the tank. and it has a moonlight strip.

All are in homebuilt hoods and are controled by a pair of central timers

I have 2x13watt compact fluorescent from AH supplies in my 10 gallon. They even give you a diagram to build your hood.

My other 10 gallon has one 26watt compact fluorescent bulb hanging over it. I'm using my old college bed-lamp. Works pretty well for growing low-light stuff. :p I'm cheap.

Back
Top Bottom