What carpet better for me?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tiffi

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys,

I am having a hard time to decide between two carpet plants. I want a low and dense carpet, that I can not achieve with Sagittaria subulata.

I was looking for either Hemianthus callitrichoides or glosso.

I have 1.85W CF on a 70gal high tank with pressurised CO2 and power reactor, see signature...

Which carpet plant do you think would grow best, stay low and which would probably not make it under my light conditions?

HC should be better and is spreading for me even under screw-in CF and Excel. By the health of your plants I would not be surprised if you can support Glosso, but it will likely be a challenge to keep it low and dense.

glosso does need a solid 2wpg to have a chance at growing a low carpet. even then, it can be "fun" to maintain.
your tank is a tall? even less likely glosso will grow low in that situation.

You should be able to do Marsilea crenata or Marsilea augustifolia if you can find it.

never grown it, but i'd say it worth trying. It does want medium light and is moderately difficult to grow...hard to say without trying it, but I wouldn't say it's doomed to failure.

Back
Top Bottom