What color...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lonewolfblue

Aquarium Advice Addict
What color is your water after dosing CSM+B? Usually mine is clear, but I dosed a little more trace since I was thinking my calcium is low, and my tank is kind of a yellowish tint to it. Did I dose too much or should it be this way? I know it's the iron from the color, but was wondering if anyone elses is not clear after dosing.

Haven't started dosing yet, but I did make a CSM+B mixture and it is very yellowish/brownish. I kind of expected that would happen in my tank and suprised you haven't seen it happen in yours before.

Seems like this would happen in a larger dose so I don't think there is anything to worry about. It should die down once your plants start going through the iron and trace elements.

One week mine will turn a creamy white for about 2 hours, another it will turn a little yellow, then the next time it almost looks like the tank gets dark but not green, just like a shadow is over the entire tank. And this happens differently in both side by side tanks. Some times it is clear and the dose makes it even clearer, go figure.

It could just be a little oxydation or just that your water is so clear that you can't help but see a color difference. And your color spectrum could be so white that you see it more where others that have a little more yellow light would never see the color change.

Is probably just the quantity you used that finally made a big enough change in the water color that you actually noticed it.

If your tank wasn't so clear you would have never noticed. :p

Well, I don't think it was the CSM+B, lol. Not only did it change to a yellowish color, but got cloudy as well. It's the Maracyn Two. I noticed the one on the driftwood that I dropped in was disolving, and was kind of yellowish. The Maracyn disolves clear, but in the instructions, the Maracyn Two will make the water cloudy. It's perfectly normal, but I'm testing 2 times a day, just to be on the safe side. Any sign of ammonia or nitrite and I'll change tactics. Got 3 more days left of dosing.

CSM+B+Extra Fe is whitish for me in 6dKH and a greenish yellow in 2-4dKH. It goes away within an hour in the former and relatively quickly in the latter. If I keep a concentrated solution for more than a couple months it turns to darker, weirder colors. I make a new mix every 6 weeks or so to avoid this and make myself feel better.

Back
Top Bottom