What do you do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lonewolfblue

Aquarium Advice Addict
If you decide on completely redoing your tank, what do you do with the plants you remove and are just too huge? Do you just toss, or give away to someone? I've been contemplating redoing my 75G, and giving it a new look. But my swords are just so huge. And the root base alone is quite large. And even after pruning, each sword still has a minimum of 12-15 leaves and are at the surface of a 75G tank. What do you do with such huge plants?

Pretty simple...I hate seeing plants tossed aside. Find someone with a similar sized or larger tank for you to donate them to. If you have other plants with a similar fate, you can bundle them into one large shipping. I'm sure the recipient will be grateful...the plants are coming from a great tank. :)

I think you sell them on AquaBid, then buy more plants and fish with that money. In fact, I believe that is the law here in the states.

The law? hehehe..... ;)

Also, contemplating taking Felix to the LFS, or put an ad in the paper here for someone with a good home for him. He's just thrashing too much of my tank, and if I completely redo my tank, he'll tear everything up before they can start to get well rooted. But I also like him so much, would be hard to part with him.

I've seen quite a few auctions on aquabid for "bundles" of plants. Looks like people decide to get rid of them and put tons on at once. One bonus about doing something like that is that you can make enough money to get other plants that you want.

Back
Top Bottom