What do you do with your plant trimmings/clippings?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sarjo Pepper

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I guess I haven't been able to word this correctly for google. What can you do with your plant clippings after maintenance, besides just throwing them away or putting them on a compost pile? Can you make herbivore wafers out of them? DIY aquarium fertilizer? Do they have any other practical use for the aquarium at all? :thanks:

PS: This is for a hypothetical future project, I do not have any tanks currently.

I guess I haven't been able to word this correctly for google. What can you do with your plant clippings after maintenance, besides just throwing them away or putting them on a compost pile? Can you make herbivore wafers out of them? DIY aquarium fertilizer? Do they have any other practical use for the aquarium at all? :thanks:

PS: This is for a hypothetical future project, I do not have any tanks currently.
Like Champ said..
Replant everything I can in any of my tanks. If it's an overwhelming amount, I share it with my friends tank or put it on Craigslist for free.

Ive tried raok on other forums. Then if they dont live you feel bad. Learned my lesson.

Back
Top Bottom