What do you guys think of this light for a 2.5 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jvdb

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Just bought a 2.5 gallon tank that I would like to plant. It only came with a glass canopy and this light would work absolutely perfectly with the tank but I'm not sure how it would be for plants. Not looking for a high tech system but do you guys think it will sustain some low light plants?

One of the other sources for it has a few reviews and two people say it is TOO bright. (I know it needs to be the proper color spectrum but is it a good bet?) The link posted below has a photo of it submersed.

http://www.amazon.ca/SODIAL-Aquariu...qid=1424743915&sr=1-9&keywords=aquarium+light

It looks pretty bright. If you want low light plants you could maybe get frogbit which is like little tiny lily pads that cover the surface. Then they dim the light below them, so you could get lower light plants like java fern and anubius.

It looks pretty bright. If you want low light plants you could maybe get frogbit which is like little tiny lily pads that cover the surface. Then they dim the light below them, so you could get lower light plants like java fern and anubius.

Well I'm ok with getting higher demanding plants as well, I just wondered if you thought it was even capable of supporting life?

I've got LEDs over one of my 10g. So, I think you could probably grow plants under it. I doubt it would be considered highlight. It would probably support low to medium light plants. But you would still need to use fertilizers and do weekly water changes for your plants.

Without knowing exact stats and PAR for this light ,it's all guesswork.

This is a pic of my Archaea clip on LED fixture on my 10 gallon. This is a known product with known output.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1424811586.301577.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom