What does this tank need?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks good! Maybe a large peice of DW on the left that reaches to the top of the water?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back lighting would add a lot! It goes especially well with clear sand and an open scape like you have.

I think you have too much clear sand. It shouldn't go so far to the back, except a path that goes all the way to the back glass. And less sand will mean some more plants.

Aquascaping theory says you should have a focal point at about 2/3 the way on one side. The only thing I can think for that is to replace the driftwood on the left with a bigger/higher piece with the tip that arrives in that focal point sweet spot, and put moss on it.

Backlighting is something I've been researching. I would love to figure out how people make it look like a sky...
Yes definitely need more plants in the back. Trying to fill in as budget allows. Tanks=?lol

I think a piece of DW overhanging the open sand from the left would make a nice effect. I like that open area , it makes your tank unique.

Backlighting is something I've been researching. I would love to figure out how people make it look like a sky...

This is my 20g. I have put a frosted film on the back glass. A white melamin board inclined so it touches the tank at the top and is about 8" from it at the bottom. A neon from the hardware store that lights up the board. And a bit of blue celophane to add some color.

img_3087447_0_f5a7c99332112b449fd45eed392f16a0.jpg

img_3087447_1_2ace9c58db27e0a85b68a3013613cc84.jpg

img_3087447_2_af7203a2995ba1876cc3e36b33f4da9e.jpg

Nice effect. Never seen that before.

Great dw piece,has great potential..awesome find&nice tank...

Getcha feet wet fish tank people!

Thank you! Still need more plants but it's getting there. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1416097638.150451.jpg. Must be doing something right...

It looks a bit stark- maybe cover in moss

Back
Top Bottom