What fertilizers do I need?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I use fluorish trace, fluorish iron and fluorish potassium. Fluorish essentially reproduces some of what you get from the fluorish iron and potassium (as I understand it), so it's redelivering something you get in larger quantities by dosing those minerals/nutrients separately.

not that i've found... for my 10 gal with diy co2 and 2 wpg, i can get away with just the basic flourish, but not for long... stump remover and nu salt are pretty inexpensive (the nu salt cost me a buck). search on the internet for cheap options. i've heard the kent products work well, but have no idea on their price.

Fluorish is intended to cover all the bases for lower light tanks. If you want to go for one bottle, get fluorish.

Have you looked online for prices on ferts? Bigalsonline has them much more cheaply than $15 CAD.

What is Nu Salt? What does it do for my tank and where can I get it? I think I'll go with 2 bottles the flourish stuff. Which ones should I get? And my petsmart has some bottles of flourish but they look quite old. Does flourish go bad?

I've never had my Flourish develop mold, but many in southern climes keep it in the fridge. Get the small bottles for a small tank. And consider buying a lb of potassium sulphate for 2 bucks from Greg watson.com. He ships at cost too. Dry dose potassium because the Seachem product is really weak/inefficient. A lb of K from greg watson will last you years for a small tank and you can add K and also Epsom salts for GH at water changes. Totally easy to do and could save ya money.

Back
Top Bottom