What ferts should I use?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gab_attack

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey all, so since I'm changing my two small tanks to fully planted and starting up a new tank as well, I wanted to get opinions on what I should be adding to the tanks.

For a little more info I have:

2 5.5 gallon tanks that will be housing one make betta each, both with internal filters rated for 10 gallons each (aqueon I believe).

1 20 long that will be moderately planted on one side with open swimming space on the other, with a hob and canister filter combo.

All three tanks will have finnex fugeray planted plus lights.

I'm using prime already, and am planning on dosing flourish and excel.

Should I be dosing anything else? I'm still not sure exactly what plants I want yet but I'm not planning on doing any sort of co2 injection as of right now

I asked a similar question a couple days ago. as well as the ones you were planning on getting I was told to get api leafzone as well.

I asked a similar question a couple days ago. as well as the ones you were planning on getting I was told to get api leafzone as well.

I initially bought API LeafZone, however, if you look closely on the bottle, it says not to use with Inverts (shrip, clams, snails, crabs, etc.). I switched to Seachem products. I use Seachem Prime for my dechlorinator. For my plants i use Seachem Flourish, Flourish Excel and Iron.

Thats what our LFS uses in their planted tanks! Hope this helps!

Some plants need more nutrients than others. Amazon sword and Cryptocoryne will need root tabs. If you do need root tab, use osmocote Plus. So I recommend what type of plants you want first.

Sent from my 710C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

+1

A lot depends on what type of plants you'll have. I keep low and low-mid light plants, and use root tabs, Excel, Comp, and Leaf Zone.

Back
Top Bottom