what fish to keep?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

johnraj

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am new to the aquarium, my intention was to buy just one 10 gallon tank, but I ended on 2-10 gallon tank because the fishs (betta+goldfish) I bought need two different temperature. I was thinking to go to wall mart and return the fish but later I knew that wall mart will kill all the returned fish, I don’t want to return them. So I bought one more tank today.

I have 1 male betta and one female betta in 1 10 gallon tank, what else can I add on this tank?

I also have one Fantail goldfish on another 10 gallon tank, what else can I add on these tank?
And also except the readymade food , what else can I fed to them.?

I hate to tell you this but in the tank with the male and female betta you need to put up a divider to keep them apart. The male can become very aggressive with the female and possibly kill her. A fancy goldfish needs a minimum of a 20g tank. They are very messy and have a high bio-load. They need good filtration, really good, and weekly WC's of 50%. They should be fed sinking food because eating food from the water surface allows too much air to be swallowed which can cause issues. Good brand sinking pellets like Hakari and Pro-Gold are the best.

+1 to rivercats on both statements. Especially with that goldfish. The tank is way too small for any type of goldfish.

Back
Top Bottom