What happened to my Ludwigis Repens?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dreamroper

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I planted some beautiful Ludwigia repens a couple of weeks ago and now, there are just few stems left. Are my fish tearing these up or what is happening?? My other plants are doing fine, but it seems like one area in the back of my tank cannot sustain a plant. Every one I put back there gets torn up from the substrate and eventually thinned out to nothing. I have 1 angel, 3 small coreys, some GBRs and a few swordtails and endlers.

I'm so disappointed that these new plants didn't make it. They were gorgeous. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks-D

Could you provide a picture of the torn plants and area of the tank? I want to see if the leaves have been actually ripped at or something else killed them.
How many gallons is the tank? Do you know if any of the fish like to dig around or "hang out" in that corner?

Could you provide a picture of the torn plants and area of the tank? I want to see if the leaves have been actually ripped at or something else killed them.
How many gallons is the tank? Do you know if any of the fish like to dig around or "hang out" in that corner?

I will post a picture later today, thanks. The leaves aren't ripped, but look like they've been stripped off of the stems. I do have Malaysian Trumpet snails and some Assassin snails and I thought maybe they're activity was uprooting them and that's why I was finding them floating sometimes. The same thing happened to my Cabomba Furcata and Myrio "Red" Tuberculatum. I have a Tiger Lily that was tiny and just took off, so it seems like just this one back area of my tank that I'm trying to fill in with some color. Frustrating (and expensive)! Thanks for your reply-D

More importantly, how much light do you you have, and are you dosing any ferts?

I have 2 HO T5s and they're on about 12 hours a day. I use liquid ferts, CO2 and root tabs. Do you think that they're not getting enought nutrition?

Thanks for your help-D

Back
Top Bottom