what is a good Sealer to put rocks together inside the tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kaz

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm noticing some development of brown type spots around the leafs, is this algae or just dieing? I have my lights on 24 7

plants absolutely need dark for at least 12 hours a day! you should be trying to create as natural a world for them as possible - don't you think it gets dark at night outside? pitch black is perfect.

you should let you plants AND you fish get some sleep....

now then i think you have been yelled at enough for keeping you lights on :D...lets see if there are any other issues that need to be addressed....

oh i remember you, you are the one with the bamboo in your tank, how it that going? and the funky non=aquatic grass, you took that out right?

remind me... we determined your light were ok right... what was your wpg?

and your tests are all good?
Ammonia?nitrite are 0?
Nitrate is greater then 10 ppm?
PO4 is greater then 1 ish ppm?

which plants are affected?
can you post a picture?

are you dosing any ferts?

rkilling1 said:
kaz said:
cause if i turn them off they will be in pitch black

and whats wrong with that?

for some reason everytime i do that one fish ends up sucked and killed in the intake filter

wpg is two 40w
ammonia nitite are 0 nitrate about 20 to 30
everything else i do not have a test kit yet for that. I am dosing only stress coat, prime and flora pride

kaz said:
rkilling1 said:
kaz said:
cause if i turn them off they will be in pitch black

and whats wrong with that?

for some reason everytime i do that one fish ends up sucked and killed in the intake filter
i do not see how leaving the lights on keeps fish from getting sucked in, just buy a sponge to put over the intake...
wpg is two 40w
ammonia nitite are 0 nitrate about 20 to 30
everything else i do not have a test kit yet for that. I am dosing only stress coat, prime and flora pride
i really think you NEED those other tests if you are serious about keeping plants. looks like you are working with ~1-1.6 wpg depending on what kind of bulbs your have, T12, T8, ...

with out all the test it is hard to tell, could be too little light for that plant (what plant/s are we talking about?????) could be iron, could be potassium...

a picture would REALLY help if you are not going to ID the plant effected...

my lights are t12 40w each I do not have pictures and I cant find a store that sells individual test, I already have ph, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate

kaz said:
my lights are t12 40w each
t12 do not grow plants very well
I do not have pictures and I cant find a store that sells individual test, I already have ph, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate
you can always order them online... checkout bigalsonline.com

i know you want a "miracle" answer but without all the test results, you are probabaly not going to get one...

i hope i do not come off to harsh, that is not my intention, but it is hard to give you the answers you want with out all the Info we need...

can you explain why the conection device of t12 have to do with the spectrum, illuminance and kelvins? and no problem about answering i will order it and will give an update once i recieve the drop tests thanks and all is appricated

Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:51 pm Reply with Quote Edit/Delete this post Back to Top

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
water temp 81

PH 7.8-8.0

NO2 0-0.02

Cl2 0.05 COULDNT REALLY MAKE A SURE MATCH THIS ONE WAS LIGHT COLOR PRETTY CLEAR POSSIBLE GRAY OR VERY LIGHT GREENBLUE

FE 0.02 AGAIN CLEAR WATER LITTLE GRAY COULD BE EITHER OR
-0-

NH3/NH4 0

CO2 30-35PPM =DROPS

GH 19-20DEGREES = DROPS

KH I DROPED 30 AND NEVER GOT ANY KIND OF COLOR ONLY CLEAR WATER

btw I recieve three free plant drops from the fresh water deluxe test kit, should I use them or not do I drop directly into water?

Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:51 pm Reply with Quote Edit/Delete this post Back to Top

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
water temp 81

PH 7.8-8.0

NO2 0-0.02

Cl2 0.05 COULDNT REALLY MAKE A SURE MATCH THIS ONE WAS LIGHT COLOR PRETTY CLEAR POSSIBLE GRAY OR VERY LIGHT GREENBLUE

FE 0.02 AGAIN CLEAR WATER LITTLE GRAY COULD BE EITHER OR
-0-

NH3/NH4 0

CO2 30-35PPM =DROPS

GH 19-20DEGREES = DROPS

KH I DROPED 30 AND NEVER GOT ANY KIND OF COLOR ONLY CLEAR WATER

btw I recieve three free plant drops from the fresh water deluxe test kit, should I use them or not do I drop directly into water?

T12 are fine for growing plants, the spectrum is what's important. Using a full spectrum (sometimes called "tri-phosphor") is important as it gives a more even and natural light for your plant.

Not sure about the rest other then plants and fish need to sleep (most fish don't have eyelids) and it sounds like you need something to block the intake of your filter.

kaz said:
my water is starting to smell

What does it smell like?

If it an earthy smell that's hard to detect unless your nose is right by the aquarium, then this is normal.

On the other hand if it smell very fishy and can easily be smell from several feet away from the tank, then you probably need to up your maintenance schedule. (ie more frequent and/or larger water changes)

I have babies swimming on surface all the time so I put in crush flakes but the flakes stay there for serveral days maybe this is whats causing the smell?

You should only enough food that the fish can eat within a few minutes. Any food that is left after that should be removed to prevent it from polluting the tank. With fry you'll need to feed smaller amounts more frequently, and depending on the size of the fry may need to use a special food that's small enough for them to eat.

Another solution to having food left over after feeding, is to get some cories and let them clean up the left overs for you. If you have room for additional fish, then that's what I would do.

kaz said:
what type of cories? most of the food is floating on surface

I guess I didn't catch that the first time (floating food). All the flake food I feed will eventually become waterlogged and sink. If the food is staying on the surface, then just use a fine mesh fish net and remove it.

Back
Top Bottom