What is a Great Light For Growing Medium to High Plants?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't know what I was looking at?? That's what I get for posting before my coffee intake

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Most commercial individual diodes are 0.5 or less.

You can find up to 1 watt diodes but it wouldnt matter because the "watts per gallon" doesnt apply to LED so much as it does Florecent and Halo

That's ok. I'm pretty glad it isn't 1W tbh.

Yah, my bml is 1w, actually may be more??it's suspended @20" and set to 60%. All my other fixtures use. 33-.5w and they do just fine for what I need them for. You can always double down if it's not growing enough algae for you:p

Yah, my bml is 1w, actually may be more??it's suspended @20" and set to 60%. All my other fixtures use. 33-.5w and they do just fine for what I need them for. You can always double down if it's not growing enough algae for you:p

Ha yeah I could do. What depth are you using the 0.33w at and is it carpet capable?

16" tanks. I don't have anything running full blast. When I had my old 20tall (16") a single finnex planted plus was growing a dhg carpet in pool filter sand. In proper substrate you'll have little problem me thinks.

16" tanks. I don't have anything running full blast. When I had my old 20tall (16") a single finnex planted plus was growing a dhg carpet in pool filter sand. In proper substrate you'll have little problem me thinks.

Great stuff. Now I'm excited. [emoji1]

My tank is 25in on bow and 20in on side for my 72. The link Caliban07 gave make me like them a lot. Keep me updated. I think I'll stick to LEDS easy to set easily adjustable. I don't think I'll have carpet plants but using crypts to act as a carpet. I'll probably use a bag of soil and some sand/gravel mix and a finnex or a U.K. Like light! I'm pumped keep me updated on how the light works!

My tank is 25in on bow and 20in on side for my 72. The link Caliban07 gave make me like them a lot. Keep me updated. I think I'll stick to LEDS easy to set easily adjustable. I don't think I'll have carpet plants but using crypts to act as a carpet. I'll probably use a bag of soil and some sand/gravel mix and a finnex or a U.K. Like light! I'm pumped keep me updated on how the light works!

Hey did you get a light yet?

No but I am starting the hard scape did you buy it yet and if you did what's your review on it?

No but I am starting the hard scape did you buy it yet and if you did what's your review on it?

I have an earliest delivery date if 11 Nov. Everything is ready to go. I had to do things backwards. Set tank up then scape as I had fish I needed to transfer.

Keep us posted.

Ok got it I actually measured my 72 and its 20in deep and my 29 is 18in so I don't need a fancy expensive light after all just one that keep the par bailie at a good level for carpet plants!!!

To end this thread for anyone viewing I got the Fluval fresh & plant full specktrum led

I just read a review of this fixture on a plant forum and it sounds pretty positive.
If possible, keep us posted on your experience with this product.

I just read a review of this fixture on a plant forum and it sounds pretty positive.
If possible, keep us posted on your experience with this product.

It does sound amazing fits all my requirements of a deep tank. I should be hooking it up soon.

Image1484614226.313208.jpg

I got my Fluval fresh and plant 2.0 and the plants have been doing well. Very high quality parts and waterproof! My favorite feature is the dimmable touch button! Works really well and growing plants like a charm.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND

Ive heard good things about Current brand lights, my buddy has one and its a LED and Halo combo.
+1 if you can afford the satellite pro plus then you'll never have to worry about lighting again. It's the best from what I hear for high demanding plants but with a price tag of $287, not every one can buy them.

Ive heard good things about Current brand lights, my buddy has one and its a LED and Halo combo.
I got the Satellite LED+ as a gift and loved it so much I bought a second. I got the second refurbished on eBay. Current actually has a store for their refurbished lights. The only thing that makes it not look brand new is that the IR sensor is weird. Such good lights, though.

Back
Top Bottom