Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Planted Tanks
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-31-2007, 03:49 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

With the amount of Phosphate that you're dosing, you probably don't need to be dosing any more. However you could easily need a bit more Nitrates. Have you tested lately to ensure that your levels aren't getting too low? It's possible that your plants are consuming more than you realize.

Purrbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 04:17 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

i can test tonight, it is only a moderatlhy lite tank... 2 - 15 watt T8 lights over a 10 gallon

Test Results
dosed on sunday, here are tonight's (wednesday's) levels
NO3 = 20 ppm
PO4 = more then 5 ppm but less then 10 ppm (AP Test )

Old 02-01-2007, 10:19 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Old 02-01-2007, 10:34 AM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

Just for the heck of it, I would go ahead and try dosing a touch more Nitrates for a couple of weeks. Since your Nitrates aren't overly high, you have some room to play. If the Nitrates happen to be a bit lower than the testkit is indicating (possible with hobby grade kit that hasn't been calibrated) the increased dosing will help you to determine whether low Nitrates is the problem. You shouldn't see a significant increase in the Nitrates as long as you keep up with your weekly 50% waterchanges. Try this for at least 2-3 weeks to see if there is any improvement in the sword.
Purrbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 04:48 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

ok totaly different tank and totaly different plants and all that, but i thought, why make a new thread when i can just add to an old one...Reduce, Re-use and Recycle

75 gallon tank, w/ CO2, EI dosing and ~2.56 wpg of T8 6500K light

plants effected...Hygrophila polysperma v. Sunset and Bacopa caroliniana

possible eaters...
3 Angles: Pterophyllum scalare
2 Bolivian Rams: Microgeophagus altispinosa
4 (2m/2f) "Orange Flash" Cockatoo Cichlids: Apistogramma cacatuoides
1 male Apistogramma sp. "Steel-Blue"
7 Rummy-nosed Tetra: Hemigrammus rhodostomus
6 Cardinal Tetra: Paracheirodon axelrodi
5 Julii Cory: Corydoras julii
1 Rubberlip pleco: Chaetostoma thomsoni
3 Oto: Otocinclus mariae
Malaysian Trumpet Snails: Melanoides tuberculata
Rams Horn Snail: Planorbis corneus
there is also at least one, ~1 inch long, shrimp in there some place, i see if from time to time, i have added Amano, Cherry Red and Ghost shrimp to the tank at one time or another, all i though fell pray to the rams, but there is at least 1 "brown" shrimp running around

here are some pictures...just did a pwc so excuse the bubbles

EDIT: forgot to mention that all these plants are on the left side of the tank the same plant on the right side of the tank is un-effected
Old 04-15-2007, 09:19 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

thoughts?

Tags
eat, eating, plant, plants, updated

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com