What is Mondo Grass

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeverumGuy

Aquarium Advice Freak
I bought some mondo grass from petsmart today. I really like the look of it when you put a couple together and make it thick. A little research shows that apparently they're not a true aquatic plant. If anyone could help me out as to what I should do with them. Should I leave them in the tank and hope they live or should I just take them out and put them in soil and let them grow outside.

I hate Petco. I bought it too not realizing it. I left it in and it's still green. Once it starts to rot, I'll take it out. In the meantime, I'm looking for replacements.

let it grow outside, I bought some from an LFS and it died within a month of being in my tank. I bought another thinking it was high demand, put it in the high tech tank and it still died. it turns brown and disappears.

A lot of the plants that Petsmart sells isn't actually fully aquatic, which is kind of messed up. You really have to pay attention and do a little research first.

Back
Top Bottom