What is the best T5 ho light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
what kind of fish?

RCS will eat some algae... Amanos are much better at eating algae (but dont look as cool as RCS).

Most decidedly no :)

Ghost shrimp will eat little or no algae.

Amano shrimp (Caridina japonica) are much, much larger, and much harder to find. They will eat algae voraciously.

How would Amano shrimp do with this tank (i have 2 angles, 5 neons, 4 emporor tetras, 4 gardiner killis, 2 simise algae eaters, 2 rosy barbs, 3 raspboras, 2 hatchets, a sowrdtail, a german blue ram, and one lonely glofish)

Will they be eaten?

hmmm

If you found full grown ones, I think they would do ok. Cover would be important.

Are the angles the only problem? i am more than willing to give up the simise algae eaters (they are now big and lazy!)

Also what about bamboo shrimp (my LFS has them and they look cool)

Are you sure they are true SAEs? If they are, they will be no problem with shrimp.

as far as i can tell they are. correct me if i am wrong SAE have a little yellow on the fins and flying foxes do not?

as far as i can tell they are. correct me if i am wrong SAE have a little yellow on the fins and flying foxes do not?

Yeah sounds like true SAEs. Surprised they are lazy... my SAEs were always extremely active. One of my favorite fish for a planted tank...

I wouldn't go with bamboo shrimp (just my opinion). You would end up having to feed them supplementally as they are filter feeders.

I dont want to have to deal with supplementally feeding thanks for telling me.

they are like to just sit under an amazon sward and do nothing (i do see them move around at night though)

o i get it now that is funny lol. do you know a good place to get amano shrimp (do they ship well if i buy them online)

Depends on your budget. They aren't really cheap. You could go 6 with no problem.

Back
Top Bottom