What is the problem??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

somethingsfishy

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I'm kinda new to this app. ( not my first thread) and after sone long rewind I tried my hand at plants. I bought two small java ferns and a hairball of java moss. All was going well for about two days. Something ate one of the java ferns. In the tank is three angels two tiger barbs two plecos four amano shrimp one crawfish and two pink gourami. (Yes I already know these guys don't do well together. I'm working the barbs one gourami out and loaches in.) so who is the culprit? Also with the addition of the plants I see a bunch of small white dots on the glass of the tank. Are these snails? Nothing on the fish so not ich. What is the downside to snails? Any help is always appreciated. Thanks.

Little white dots could be snails. Not sure. I don't know if tiny snails can do so much damage in two days. If it was an apple snail or something like that I would say sure, but IDK about little ones. Although they do eat algae, greens, plants etc as far as I know.

Ok so no real downside to the snails. They pose a good snack for my future yoyo loaches anyway. I guess rapunzel an Eugene have to go. My four year old likes the tangled movie. Thanks everyone.

It's kinda weird. The eggs are in the same area of the tank and it's kinda high up the glass. No eggs anywhere else. Here's a pic if them.

Attachments

• image-1867813447.jpg
    image-1867813447.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 84
Wow.. that's alot of eggs.. I have snail eggs all over my tank, but none in clumps that big. That picture looks like pond snail eggs but alot of them. Just my 2 cents

After some googling, I realize that this is angel fish eggs. Holy crap!!! What do i do now? I only have one tank so removing them is not really an option. Of the fish posted, which would try to eatthe fry? Also the crawfish was the plant eater. Little bastard cost me 20 dollars in ferns.

Are your eggs still there? My angels always eat their eggs within a matter of hours. By the next day, they are all gone.

LOL @ crawfish! :)

Yes as of this morning, when I caught the crawfish, the eggs were still there. The angels stayed very close to the eggs. Often touching their nose to the eggs. Will these guys survive? What do I need to prepare for them? Should I get one of those in tank breeding things? I need to google more.

Back
Top Bottom