what is the problem for this plant?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Patrice

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Added this plants 2 weeks ago. Some are not that affected. I don't understand whats the cause.

Attachments

• _56.jpg
    _56.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 92
That kind looks like mondo grass...... In which case it's probably melting because it's not an aquatic plant.

Barring that, what/how much are you dosing and whats your nitrate levels?

aqua_chem said:
That kind looks like mondo grass...... In which case it's probably melting because it's not an aquatic plant.

Barring that, what/how much are you dosing and whats your nitrate levels?

Its, micro sword grass.
nitrate from 0.8 to 0.5
phosphate at 0.25

.... How do you measure your nitrate levels that low and that precise o_O

If thats indeed the correct level, then its nitrogen deprivation ...

Are these new plants by chance?

Hmm... Why so many plants are called the same thing, I'll never know. It looks like Lilaeopsis novae-zelandiae rather than Lelaeopsis brasiliensis... the latter being the more common 'micro sword'.

I'm also curious how you're testing so low.

aqua_chem said:

Are these new plants by chance?

Around 2 weeks.

Hmm... Why so many plants are called the same thing, I'll never know. It looks like Lilaeopsis novae-zelandiae rather than Lelaeopsis brasiliensis... the latter being the more common 'micro sword'.

hummmm, i think you are right. Lilaeopsis novae-zelandiae seems to be it.

I am looking at they info of it: ph, 6.8, kh 5 ok.
My lights is 78 watts it need 2.8 watts/gallons, i have 32 gallons. seem ok?

Maybe they iron and c02 was very high and i fix that? and the fact that it is very new plants, but i think it should have bin mush more affected by now if so. Any opinion on your experience would be nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would give it a little more time. What you are seeing now could easily be the results of improper care from before you acquired it. I would remove the leaves that are showing problems so that the plant can focus it's energy on the new leaves instead of trying to repair the old leaves.

What is your current fertilization routine?

I have a lot of option here to look at, nitrogen, new plants, fertilizer routine. so i did verify every one of them.

The longest one was to verify with test kits, in the morning before adding micro and macro fertilizer, then after adding some, and at they end of the day, thats after the light turn off. Just to see if everything go as plans D it for a as long as needed. Now im adding 1ml of macro instead of 6 ml (normal dosage for pps-pro) and 3 ml for macro instead of 6ml. Its freacking me out.

After lots off debate, and trying to find a solution from your opinion. I found out what it is, its calcium deficiency. yep its simple as that. weird right? My shrimps never had calcium for them so i added some. Fix the plants in the same time. pfff that's was weird right? usually, it happen only is plants are twisting. a well, good to know for others

Back
Top Bottom