What is the size of a Ma957 CO2 REGULATOR?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gu2high

Aquarium Advice Freak
I wonder what size cylinder I should buy. I know the bigger the better since it lasts longer before refill and the cost difference of refill is small. But I want to put the cylinder with regulator inside the aquarium stand. The stand is 32" height from stand bottom to tank bottom. The cylinders are:

20 lb. Aluminum CO2 Cylinder, Height 27-1/2"
15 lb. Steel C02 Cylinder, Height 26"
10 lb. Aluminum CO2 Cylinder, Height 20"

I am wondering the 10lb should be ok, but how about 20lb? After put regulator and bubble counter, etc. on the cylinder and leave a little space for tubing, what is the increasment of the height? 4" more or less?

From the center line of the threaded part where the regulator connects, you will need about 5" for the regulator and the arc of the tubing that comes out of the bubble counter.

Here is a photo of one that is put together. You can see that the gauges are not much taller than the valve wheel on the tank. You need a little more room for the tubing that comes out of the bubble counter. This one shows the tube going straight up to the tank, but you can bend it right over and loop it back up if you do not have the space this tank does.

HTH

gu2high said:
I am a lazy guy, and want to do as less refill as possible. When doing more research, I found this regulator,

http://www.aquariumplants.com/AQUARIUMPLANTS_com_s_Co2_Regulator_The_BEST_p/co2-1.htm

It clamins, Low profile: 1.5" higher than tank valve. With this height, plus 28" of 20lb cylinder, it comes to 30" and should be fit to my stand.

I would research it online first. It may fit better, but who knows how good it is. What is better, having to refill your tank once a year and never touch the CO2 or having to refill it every two years and have to make adjustments all the time?

I'm not saying that's the case, just google it first.

You may want to send Rex a quick email and see what he can come up with. Rexgrigg.com.

FYI: From the website,

Note the super precision "Laboratory Grade"
needle valve (80 threads per inch)

LOL, that's just a standard Clippard needle valve you can purchase for 15 bucks on-line. A lot of us use those.

LOL, that's just a standard Clippard needle valve you can purchase for 15 bucks on-line. A lot of us use those.

How about Milwaukee's needle valve, is it a standard one too?

gu2high said:

How about Milwaukee's needle valve, is it a standard one too?

I don't know much about needle valves. If you go to Rex's website, he talks about different needle valves you could use.

In regards to the Clippard valve, I just thought if was funny (nothing more, nothing less). Those Clippard valves are not bad at all. Hence, why a lot of us have them. But there are better ones out there. It is not as fine of a needle valve as I would like. Small increments change your bubble rate a great deal and I don't have my regulator set the high either (15#'s).

gu2high said:
I am a lazy guy, and want to do as less refill as possible. When doing more research, I found this regulator,

http://www.aquariumplants.com/AQUARIUMPLANTS_com_s_Co2_Regulator_The_BEST_p/co2-1.htm

It clamins, Low profile: 1.5" higher than tank valve. With this height, plus 28" of 20lb cylinder, it comes to 30" and should be fit to my stand.

As I recall shortly after that regulator started being advertised, a few people on this forum bought it. Those that reported in weren't all that pleased with it. You might want to do a search of this forum to see if you can find those reviews.

Back
Top Bottom