What is this??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Welsh

Aquarium Advice Freak
I found this in my betta's tank last night, I have no idea where it came from. At first I thought it might be Java Moss, but it doesn't look anything like it -- I assume the JM is the smaller piece in the photo, if so, again I have no clue where its come from.

Another thing...I have Java Fern under a high light --7wpg. I've never been able to keep JF before, as it always turns black and dies, but it seems to be doing amazing in the tank, where as anubia's turn a lighter green, but darker when I put them back under low light. Basically is C02 essential under a light this high? Obviously I don't want Co2 on such a small tank, but I also want live plants in there as I have a lot of anubia's and crypts, is fertilizer alone going to do any good?

Attachments

• PB190050.jpg
    PB190050.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 93
Really? I thought guppy grass looked like hair grass.

After researching 'aquarium grass' online, it seems to look similar to Riccia.

Tough to tell from the pictures. It looks different floating in the tank. It probably was a tag along in your moss. I get those some times. Last time my wife bought some plants we acquired a bamboo shrimp hiding in the bunch

+1 for it looking like guppy grass.

How big of a tank are we dealing with here and what kind of light? The Wpg guidelines don't apply well to large or small tanks.

Java fern will grow faster in a medium light tank, but it seems to slow down with any more light than that. My java ferns exploded when I put them under some decent CFLs.

It's pretty small...17 liters.

When they were in my low light tank -- 1.2wpg, most of the leaves were black, and I dosed with the same fertiliser as I do now -- Flourish Comprehensive, but now they are a nice green, and they don't feel thin and brittle.

Back
Top Bottom