What is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Doomsday

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
What is this on my ant and how do I get ride of itImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422400732.790398.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Looks like algae. Does it rub off easily? I guess if you have the means to provid e you could get amanos shrimp or SAE or the like. Only get an algae eater if you have a) space, b) know how to care for them, c) and actually like them.

Other than that, do more water changes or get more plants or a stronger filter. What causes algae is predominantly ammonia because algal spore use ammonia to grow, then when grown they use nitrate.

I have 2 SAE

I have 2 SAE

Keep in mine SAEs don't eat every type of algae. There's a list of what they do eat but a longer one of what they don't.
The best solution for most algae (to my knowledge) is the H202 treatment or a good ol fashioned scrubbin.

That's some serious algae, no fish will clear that, those plants are in very poor health. You need to address the underlying issues in order to correct that situation. Interested?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I don't no what the issue could be I have perfect water perameters

I don't no what the issue could be I have perfect water perameters

Perfect water parameter aside.. if you leave the lights on for 12 hours a day and only change water once a month? ? Tell me every single little detail about your tank. Even that time you dropped a Pringle in there.. didn't think I knew about that one did yah??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom