What is this plant called?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smoutylad22

Aquarium Advice Activist
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1398218127.174355.jpg

I love the look of this plant but haven't a clue what it is called! Can anybody help me? What type of light does it require?

Dwarf sag or narrow leaf chain sword. Looks like one of these two.

Don't think I'll be able to grow it so well. I only have a single 15w juwel day light which is very low light I guess?

It's a 70 litre (18 us gallon) L61 x H46.5 x W31cm. I'm not sure you can upgrade the light as it's all built into the hood. Any suggestions?

Post a picture... I'm unfamiliar with the tank. Usually, we just go topless or get a glass top to replace any hood with integrated lights. Then you can get T5 or T5HO or LED fixture with docking legs, depending on the desired light level. Medium or high light you'll have to consider ferts and carbon source (i.e. CO2 or liquid carbon like excel or glut).

Post a picture... I'm unfamiliar with the tank. Usually, we just go topless or get a glass top to replace any hood with integrated lights. Then you can get T5 or T5HO or LED fixture with docking legs, depending on the desired light level. Medium or high light you'll have to consider ferts and carbon source (i.e. CO2 or liquid carbon like excel or glut).

Thank you for you advice it's much appreciated. As this is my first planted aquarium I'm trying to keep it as simple as possible so I'll think I'll stick with the set up I've got. All I've been feeding my plants so far are API root tabs and flourish comprehensive. What are the best low light aquarium plants that you recommend?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom