What is your co2 setup?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

krap101

Aquarium Advice Addict
So far I have one of those glass diffusers, a 5 lb tank, a jbj regulator/solenoid, airline etc. Right now I'm looking to get a bubble counter, but I was wondering whether a seperate needle valve was necessary, since there is already a "needle valve" on my regulator?

My setup is as follows:

2 liter soda bottle with yeast, sugar and water
cap with (almost) airtight seal around tubing
tubing to check valve
condenser loop
tubing to airstone

and I know, ooh, use a diffuser, ooh, use a wooden airstone, ooh, use canned bottled CO2 from 10000 feet up, etc..., but it's simple, it's easy, and it works for me :)

I don't know why you would need a separate needle valve if you already have one? You should be fine. I got a sweet bubble counter for a good price off ebay - Rhinox Bubble Counter - CO2 Diffuser Aquarium C02 Tank - eBay (item 250305233512 end time Apr-05-09 00:56:14 PDT)

It looks sweet on the side of my 5G ADA tank. The ADA one cost like $40-50 and doesn't look nearly as sweet.

Of course, you could always just make a DIY bubble counter out of a small clear plastic bottle and some rigid airline tubing.

My CO2 setup is -
5lb CO2 tank
Milwaukee MA957 Regulator/Needle valve / selenoid
brass CO2 2 way manifold (So I can inject both tanks)
Milwaukee SMS122 pH controller
I use a nano glass diffuser in the 5Gal, and a rhinox 2000 in the 29G.

Back
Top Bottom