What is your fav plant?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mebbid

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am just wondering what everyone's favorite plant is. Mine is a tough choice between a Hammerleaf Aponogeton and a Cabomba

I am just wondering what everyone's favorite plant is. Mine is a tough choice between a Hammerleaf Aponogeton and a Cabomba

Are we answering what our favorite plant the we have/had or our dream plants?

My favorite so far has been hygro corymbosa, its just done too well for me to not be my favorite

It's really is a three way tie between Ludwigia sp 'Tornado', Ludwigia sp 'Atlantia', and Ludwigia sp 'Pantanal Red'. With Rotala sp 'Sunset' and Rotala sp 'Mini Butterfly' close behind. I don't think I could pick just one or my most favorite !

Are we answering what our favorite plant the we have/had or our dream plants?

My favorite so far has been hygro corymbosa, its just done too well for me to not be my favorite

*shrug* Either is fine with me. I love all of your guys' plants btw. I don't have access to a whole lot where I am unless I special order something sadly :( My hammerleaf is doing awesome, I am just waiting for it to go through a propogation cycle so I can have more of them. 1 just doesn't seem to be enough for me even though it has grown like crazy over the past few months i've owned it.

*shrug* Either is fine with me. I love all of your guys' plants btw. I don't have access to a whole lot where I am unless I special order something sadly :( My hammerleaf is doing awesome, I am just waiting for it to go through a propogation cycle so I can have more of them. 1 just doesn't seem to be enough for me even though it has grown like crazy over the past few months i've owned it.

I don't know what I would do if lived in an area without a good selection of LFS, I think most people on here are willing to send clippings though if you pay for shipping though

Last edited:
Favorite Aquarium Plant

Hello Meb...

No question, that would be Anacharis (Brazilian water weed) Elodea Densa, whatever the name. The plant is undemanding about lighting. Can be grown floating or planted. Is a nutrient "hog", keeps the tank water cleaner. The leaves are a good supplement to the fishes' diet and it puts out an antibiotic that discourages some types of algae growth.

I don't think there's another plant available that does more for an aquarium.

B

Hello Meb...

No question, that would be Anacharis (Brazilian water weed) Elodea Densa, whatever the name. The plant is undemanding about lighting. Can be grown floating or planted. Is a nutrient "hog", keeps the tank water cleaner. The leaves are a good supplement to the fishes' diet and it puts out an antibiotic that discourages some types of algae growth.

I don't think there's another plant available that does more for an aquarium.

B

I second this post :D. My fav hands down.

I don't know what I would do if lived in an area without a good selection of LFS, I think most people on here are willing to send clippings though if you pay for shipping though

I have two amazing LFS (All they do is sell fish) as well as a petsmart and soldans. The fish are easy to come by, but the selection of plants is depressing.

So far my two favorites in my tank are the ludwigia peruensis and pogostemon yatabeanus

Back
Top Bottom