What kind of algae is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

himdie

Aquarium Advice Freak
There's also some more whitish strands on the tip of the vals

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1427670126379.jpg
    1427670126379.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 64
It looks like Staghorn

How long do you leave the lights on daily?
What lights do you have?
What size tank is it?
What ferts do you use?
Do you use any carbon source?

Ahh alrighty I've got a 36 inch bml 6500k at around 75% power output on a 60g tall no ferts or carbon and lights are on for a woopin 12 hours hehe I know that's not great since I don't have co2 or fertz, ive got corkscrew vals,crypts,ludwigia I think and a few other random things it's also a dirted tank

Ahh alrighty I've got a 36 inch bml 6500k at around 75% power output on a 60g tall no ferts or carbon and lights are on for a woopin 12 hours hehe I know that's not great since I don't have co2 or fertz, ive got corkscrew vals,crypts,ludwigia I think and a few other random things it's also a dirted tank

You have a powerful light fixture without the balance of fertilizers or co2. I would highly recommend that you look into look into both of those. Also, I would decrease the photoperiod down to no more than 8 hours.

Yep I know was kinda just finding what I could get away with if u will I've got my pps pro feet bottles going along with metricide I'm just a bit worried about adding metricide with the vals

Back
Top Bottom