What kind of Fertilizer for my 25g planted tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ice Man

Aquarium Advice Freak
I introduced some plants to my 25g tank. So far I have been using liquid fertilizer but I was told that dry fertilizer are much cheaper. Someone recommended to buy from ...aquariumfertilizer.com
After visiting this web site I have no idea which fertilizer to buy.
Any advice?

Ice Man said:
I introduced some plants to my 25g tank. So far I have been using liquid fertilizer but I was told that dry fertilizer are much cheaper. Someone recommended to buy from ...aquariumfertilizer.com
After visiting this web site I have no idea which fertilizer to buy.
Any advice?

I use seachem root tabs, seachem flourish liquid fert and excel I would recommend that but it all depends how many plants you have?

I use Green Leaf Aquarium for all my fry fert needs. This is the package I bought:

Micro & Macro | Aquarium Fertilizer | Green Leaf Aquariums

You'll need to figure out how much you need, but that should last you about a year. For $20. Not baaad......

What kind of set up do you have?

Thanks for advice.
My set up is
25 gallon with pool filter sand, diy CO2 (double),
Light: Coralife T5 dual lamp fixture 24"
6700K 14W
Colormax 14W

Filtration:
HOB Aqueon AquaTech 30
Eheim 2211 (1 liter carnister)

Yup! $20 is not bad! I am just concern about Phosphate. My water has more than enough of it so I might go with another mix that doesn't include Phosphate.

:thanks:

Yea, try sticking your co2 line right into your canister input. The impeller will cut it up, and allow more absorption. The hob might allow some of it to diffuse out though.

aqua_chem said:
Yea, try sticking your co2 line right into your canister input. The impeller will cut it up, and allow more absorption. The hob might allow some of it to diffuse out though.

I got my co2 line hooked up to home made diffuser, upside down bottle connected to power head outlet. It works great when it come to diffusing co2. For some reason I am struggling with gas coming to the tank. I see bubbles entering bubble counter but then nothing is going to the tank. I guess my system is not very tight. But what puzzles me is that it works one day and it doesn't work another day.
I will post some pictures of it later today.
Thanks for all your comments.

I would like to hook up co2 to canister but just got this canister yesterday so need to figure out how to do it. Any ideas?

I got my co2 line hooked up to home made diffuser, upside down bottle connected to power head outlet. It works great when it come to diffusing co2. For some reason I am struggling with gas coming to the tank. I see bubbles entering bubble counter but then nothing is going to the tank. I guess my system is not very tight. But what puzzles me is that it works one day and it doesn't work another day.
I will post some pictures of it later today.
Thanks for all your comments.

Yup, sounds like a leak. You'll have to find it or your just wasting gas. The powerhead method works fine as well.

aqua_chem said:
Just stick the airline tubing in the grating at the filter's intake.

Great idea! I just don't know if DIY co2 system will generate enough pressure to push gas almost to the bottom of the tank, that's where canister filter intake is.
Here is the picture. Power head with co2 diffuser is on the right top, canister intake on the right bottom.
I got my co2 system sealed so it works!

Assuming no leaks, diy co2 can generate enough pressure to blow up a 2L pop bottle. If you're having issues, check for leaks.

Ice Man said:
Great idea! I just don't know if DIY co2 system will generate enough pressure to push gas almost to the bottom of the tank, that's where canister filter intake is.
Here is the picture. Power head with co2 diffuser is on the right top, canister intake on the right bottom.
I got my co2 system sealed so it works!

Just make sure the c02 is actually coming out because you will have one **** of a mess otherwise

After sealing it only worked overnight. I got so upset that I decided to trash it and build new one. Except I got to wait until Monday b/c my lovely wife doesn't like when I play with my fish tank when she is around. I guess she is just jealous.

Ice Man said:
After sealing it only worked overnight. I got so upset that I decided to trash it and build new one. Except I got to wait until Monday b/c my lovely wife doesn't like when I play with my fish tank when she is around. I guess she is just jealous.

My misses is like that your not alone there haha but she would be the first to complain if we was out the house all the time at least this keeps us in lol

Back
Top Bottom