What kind of plants are these?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nikko7287

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
It's like they came out of nowhere they just flora and seem to keep growing a root any help thanks....ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394509685.543006.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394509704.426716.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394509720.925302.jpg

Looks like duckweed, what do you have in there besides the lovely tiger barbs? Some fish eat them and they spread pretty fast.

I just started to add fish so I don't have to many at all just a few snails, ghost/cherry shrimp and scissors tails my tank is only 2 months old. So is duck weed good or bad and how big does it get?

I just started to add fish so I don't have to many at all just a few snails, ghost/cherry shrimp and scissors tails my tank is only 2 months old. So is duck weed good or bad and how big does it get?

Duck weed can become invasive if left unchecked. Or they could create too much shading (for your non-floating plants). Periodically thinning it out with a cup or fishnet should keep them controlled.
They don't get very big at all. Probably not much bigger than what you have right now.

They look like duckweed. nigh impossible to get rid of. Comes "free" with any purchase at my LFS. Goldfish love to eat them.

Back
Top Bottom