What light and filter to buy for 75g planted tank???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaneu

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello i have a 75g tank. Standard size. 48" long 18" wide and 18" deep that i want to do a planted tank. I am going to do a base layer of 3" and have a build up or a "hill" in one corner of 6" build up max. I want to have a carpet plant on the lower side of the tank with a build up of taller plants in the background and the mid plants on the hill. However i know that carpet plants require a bit more light to grow well. So i want to get a light for my this tank that will do the trick with what im looking for. I was thinking the finnex+ 24/7 or the current satellite plus pro for freshwater. There is also the fluval 3.0 that looks promising. But I want to have some input from you who have had good expirences with growing plants using any of these lights? What are you thoughts? And would any of these be good for what i want to achieve? Or if you think none of these will work and i need something else.

Thanks so much for reading. I am really struggling with this for my tank.

As for filtration, Cascade 1000/1200 or fluval 406 for a tank im wanting to create. Im juggling between buying one of these for filtration.

Thanks

Hello i have a 75g tank. Standard size. 48" long 18" wide and 18" deep that i want to do a planted tank. I am going to do a base layer of 3" and have a build up or a "hill" in one corner of 6" build up max. I want to have a carpet plant on the lower side of the tank with a build up of taller plants in the background and the mid plants on the hill. However i know that carpet plants require a bit more light to grow well. So i want to get a light for my this tank that will do the trick with what im looking for. I was thinking the finnex+ 24/7 or the current satellite plus pro for freshwater. There is also the fluval 3.0 that looks promising. But I want to have some input from you who have had good expirences with growing plants using any of these lights? What are you thoughts? And would any of these be good for what i want to achieve? Or if you think none of these will work and i need something else.

Thanks so much for reading. I am really struggling with this for my tank.

As for filtration, Cascade 1000/1200 or fluval 406 for a tank im wanting to create. Im juggling between buying one of these for filtration.

Thanks

On my 55 gallon I have the finnex planted+ 24/7 and it is definitely medium light at most. If you wanted a truly high-light tank, I think that two planted + fixtures would be a good move. I have heard a lot of good things about the fluvial 3.0 but have never owned one. As far as filtration, I have 2 fluvial 306s on my 55 gallon and that seems just about right for filtration. I'm a big proponent of multiple filtration systems on tanks so you have no dead spots and also have some back up should one of your filters go down.

Back
Top Bottom