What liquid ferts are safe with shrimps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phatpaul

Aquarium Advice Freak
Can any one tell me a good liquid fert to use that would be safe with my shrimps, many thanks in advance

I use Easy Life Pro Fito along with Flourish Excel in my tanks. I have RCS, amano, bamboo and ghost shrimp and they do fine.

I use Easy Life Pro Fito along with Flourish Excel in my tanks. I have RCS, amano, bamboo and ghost shrimp and they do fine.

May I ask how much excel you dose? I've been afraid to use it in my shrimp tanks.

Thanks lynda thats good to know. Iv got a pressurized co2 unit would i need both of those ferts?

Tell us your plant types :) Answers hinge on what you're trying to do

Crypts,java moss,lace plant, red lilly, amazon frogbit and micro swords hope that helps, there are a few others but i cant remember the names

May I ask how much excel you dose? I've been afraid to use it in my shrimp tanks.

I'm at work so couldn't look at packaging at home.

I go by the recommended dosage, which is this: use 1 capful for every 200 L (50 gallons*) daily or every other day.

That said, I probably dose every 3rd day, or when I remember to. I'm new to the whole planted tank thing. :)

Also forgot to mention i am using root tabs, dont know if that helps also

Lol im using dennerle cryptocoryne tabs needless my crypts are doing really well, theyve double in size in the last 2 months and my micro swords are sending runners off everywere.

I'm at work so couldn't look at packaging at home.

I go by the recommended dosage, which is this: use 1 capful for every 200 L (50 gallons*) daily or every other day.

That said, I probably dose every 3rd day, or when I remember to. I'm new to the whole planted tank thing. :)

Thanks! :)

Any more advice on do i need both of those liquid ferts?

Back
Top Bottom