What plant is best??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Camogirl28

Aquarium Advice Activist
My nitrate levels are high, I read you can lower then my planting plants . I also just like plants :). What plant would be best for a 36 gal tank with tropical community tank :) or if I should even get plants

My nitrate levels are high, I read you can lower then my planting plants . I also just like plants :). What plant would be best for a 36 gal tank with tropical community tank :) or if I should even get plants

Just do more water changes,clean your filters and substrate

So do I not need to get plants?? And is there any thing to do to get my tank less cloudy

I read the article and that is definitely what is happening . So I need to do water changes and vaccine gravel is that all . And would you recommend plants if I do have a bloom. Also how long dose a bloom usually stay

I just added some elodea in my betta tanks to try to help with nitrates but doing two water changes a week did help out greatly.

Just do more water changes,clean your filters and substrate

Do not clean filters.
Just PWCs and substrate unless you have plants.

If you clean your filter, don't do it the same day you do the rest. Otherwise you may kill off your BB. Over cleaning is bad for cycling also.

You can rinse filter pads in used tank water or dechlorinated water.

I read the article and that is definitely what is happening . So I need to do water changes and vaccine gravel is that all . And would you recommend plants if I do have a bloom. Also how long dose a bloom usually stay

Plants are always helpful.
Your lighting and substrate will determine what you can grow.

Java Ferns are super easy for me. Tie em to a rock or wood.

If you do have a bloom it can last 2 days to 2 weeks....just wait it out and try to avoid chemicals ...it will clear up on its on

Ok thanks I read I need to vaccine the gravel and add some of that Prime stuff :)

Not sure why nobody asked this but what exactly are your nitrates at?

What about ammonia / nitrites?
How often do you do water changes?
What fish do you have?

Adding some plants won't fix the problem, they will help some but not fix it. Water changes are the absolute best way to fix nitrate issues in a tank.

If you could see my other thread ( nitrate low and other levels need opinions on )

I just bought two different kinds of Java fern and some plant food . Hope the plants help!! Thanks for all the advice .

Back
Top Bottom