what plant is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phoenixphire55

Aquarium Advice Freak
Can anyone tell me what plant is growing in the background in this pic? Also, how easy is it to take care of? What kinds of fish wouldn't work well with this plant?

moz-screenshot.jpg
moz-screenshot-1.jpg

Weather Loach (Misgurnus anguillicaudatus) — Loaches Online

You need to host the photos online somewhere, you can't link them from your local hard drive, so we can see them.

I can see the pic, that plant looks to me like Riccia. It is easy to grow, you have to tie it down or weigh it down with something as it will float up and get into everything, including your filter intake. It does not grow in substrate, has no roots. Cool plant, sometimes hard to find where I live. When presented well it is a stunning plant as you have noticed!

In addition to the great information that glenc has already given you, this plant requires lots of light and nutrients when being grown submerged like that. Very easy to grow floating, but rather difficult to grow submerged. Many people have reported issues with this plant and Flourish Excel, so you'd probably need to make sure to stick to CO2 injection instead of Excel if trying to grow it submerged.

The easiest way to maintain that exact background would be to just purchase the same background picture and put it on the back of your tank. Those plants in that pic are not real.

I have had that background before and it is a type of moss rather then Riccia.

Back
Top Bottom