What plants?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

emerald76

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'd like everyone to toss out a few plant ideas for my betta tank if possible.
Specs-
Five gals
Flourite capped with river rock
14 watt fluorescent, I can add another, but this light is INSANELY bright. 6500K
May start DIY CO2, I've heard it's not terribly hard
I may add a zebra nerite or two, along with maybe ember tetras or CPDs if I'm given permission by the current resident! Lol
I'd also like to add RCS.
Thanks!

Im also doing a 5g planted for my betta im thinkin of some dwarf hair grass and some java moss maybe an Anubis or two and possible java fern with driftwood im also using fluorite

Why are you capping the Flourite? What kind of light do you have?

What exactly are you wanting to do with this tank, and do you have any experience with high light/high CO2 tanks?

aqua_chem said:
Why are you capping the Flourite? What kind of light do you have?

What exactly are you wanting to do with this tank, and do you have any experience with high light/high CO2 tanks?

I have an older type of fluorite that looks really ugly. It's a thin cap
I have a fluorescent double ended screw in
I want to have a jam packed betta and preferably shrimp too tank filled with plants, rocks, and driftwood. I have exactly no experience with high light and high co2 tanks. Notta.

in my experience, RCS got eaten by every type of fish including tetras....maybe it's just me but if tetras and RCS don't mix, i don't know how bettas and RCS will. as for light, 14w fluorescent for a 20g seems kinda low, is it the stock light or another one you've purchased?

This is your 5g right? 5s are small, significantly limiting your options. You can try a more minimalist Iwagumi style (google it for nice pics) largely using only foregrounds that are commonly available. DHG and HC are two popular choices, with the taller DHG taking a midground position.

oooohhhh its a 20g? o-o then the lighting is fine. but i'm still worried about the RCS and the bettas being together

JokerWx13 said:
oooohhhh its a 20g? o-o then the lighting is fine. but i'm still worried about the RCS and the bettas being together

Plenty of people have done it before and succeeded.

JokerWx13 said:
in my experience, RCS got eaten by every type of fish including tetras....maybe it's just me but if tetras and RCS don't mix, i don't know how bettas and RCS will. as for light, 14w fluorescent for a 20g seems kinda low, is it the stock light or another one you've purchased?

This is a five gallon, not a twenty

Back
Top Bottom