What plants attach to dw?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Anubias and java ferns are the easiest and most common. Anubias barteri var nana is one of the smallest and most compact.

HN1 said:
Anubias and java ferns are the easiest and most common. Anubias barteri var nana is one of the smallest and most compact.

How do you tie it? I tried to tie my anubias to a rock with black sewing thread. 30 minutes later i gave up lol i couldnt do it

How do you tie it? I tried to tie my anubias to a rock with black sewing thread. 30 minutes later i gave up lol i couldnt do it

Black (or brown) thread, clear fishing line, or a dab of superglue gel all work pretty well IME.

I wouldn't recommend putting wire anything into your aquarium. JMO.

HN1 said:
Black (or brown) thread, clear fishing line, or a dab of superglue gel all work pretty well IME.

x2 I've done Anubias to all my DW with a very small amount of super glue(the gel type) haven't had any issues yet.

I don't recommend wire or fishing line either. As the plant grows, the wire or nylon line doesn't move so it will cut thru the rhizomes of anubias and the ferns . I recommend cotton thread because over time it was disintegrate but not before your plants are firmly attached.

You can use cotton or I have used fishing line. Being a fly fisherman I always have gobs of the stuff I need to use. I like about 2lb test. You can tie it on somewhat firmly, but leave a little room. Then after the plant is firmly attached tot he rock/dw you can cut the fishing line and take it out. That way you don't have to worry about harming the rhizome as it grows.

Convict2161 said:
x2 I've done Anubias to all my DW with a very small amount of super glue(the gel type) haven't had any issues yet.

Do you just take the rock out and then do it once its dry?

I bought some black mini bands made for the job only cost me 1 pound to for 100 they are very thin, stretchy and very strong

richpowell1989 said:
I bought some black mini bands made for the job only cost me 1 pound to for 100 they are very thin, stretchy and very strong

Where? I only have 2 plants for it, so i dont need 100

Back
Top Bottom