What plants do I have?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Soulstar

Aquarium Advice Regular
My 40L tank

Can someone tell me name of the grass looking plant on the left front, the long stemmed red leaved plants & the green plants on the right?

I know I have Java Moss & Java Fern in the back but wasn't sure about the rest!

Thank you in advance.

(yes I know the tank is overcrowded. I'm currently cycling a new tank so give it a week and I'll take out half the fish from here)

Pinkish ones look like rotalla, you have a nice crypt in there, looks like some wisteria, some sort of narrow leaf sword, not sure, on the last one, but am pretty sure about the first 3

The grass looking plant in the left front looks like Dwarf Sagittaria (Sagittaria subulata), the red tinged stem plant could be a rotala or ludwigia, The tall plant with long wavy leaves looks to be a type of Aponogeton but don't know which one, and the short plant in the right front corner might be Hemianthus micranthemoides, regular Baby Tears.

My 40L tank

Can someone tell me name of the grass looking plant on the left front, the long stemmed red leaved plants & the green plants on the right?

I know I have Java Moss & Java Fern in the back but wasn't sure about the rest!

Thank you in advance.

(yes I know the tank is overcrowded. I'm currently cycling a new tank so give it a week and I'll take out half the fish from here)

My lord that is way too many fish for a 10g tank! Haha but I'm glad you realize that and are taking steps to correct it :)

It's also a very pretty tank! Did you plant it awhile ago and forget what plants you used?

Wish I could add, but Rivercats has said my guesses. So I say +1 to her post :) Although I'm not sure what plant she is pointing to to be an Apongeton.

Thanks guys!

All the plants I buy in Korea are in Korean so I couldn't research online.

Now that I know the scientific names I can start my studies!

Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom