What plants good for background of 29gal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Impulse09

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have the marineland led lighting system which I read is low light. What plant that is hardy grows high and os a low light plant? I have swords in there now. I think the middle plant is dying. See puck below.

ForumRunner_20111117_114553.jpg

It depends on which Marineland fixture you purchased. The Single Bright models are usually in the very low or low range. The Double Brights usually range from medium to med-high, and the Reef Brights can get you up into the high light range.

Crypts, anacharis, and some anubias and vals grow tall and do well in low-light environments. I've got C. Balansae Crispulata growing to the top of my 29g under a couple of CFLs. I've got anacharis that's 4ft long in my 20L under a couple CFLs also.

It is the one that sits and come with the cover. There is a slot to fit into.

That fixture will not support plants, so they say. I have one too. I have Ludwigia repens, anubias, wisteria, Sagittaria, banana, and something else I can't remember all growing under this light. Albeit slowly. Got a six pack of CREE XP-Gs coming in a week or less though.

My two swords look good, see the attached pic? Do they sell a better fixture to go with that hood?

LEDs do pack a pretty good punch as far as plants go. I'm pretty sure the stock fixture is equivalent to a Single Bright model. Maybe a Double Bright model would plug in place.

Swords are pretty tough plants. It takes a while for them to start looking bad.

I'm also super duper low light and even though I always thought hornwort looked ugly, I actually kinda like it in my tanks in a big fat planted clump. It fills in really nicely. Cheap too.

I have a ton of jungle vals in my 29g. They grow very quickly, surprisingly. I dose Seachem flourish. And when light shines through them they are such a pretty green color! I highly recommend them for tall low light tanks.

gabysapha said:
I'm also super duper low light and even though I always thought hornwort looked ugly, I actually kinda like it in my tanks in a big fat planted clump. It fills in really nicely. Cheap too.

I have a ton of jungle vals in my 29g. They grow very quickly, surprisingly. I dose Seachem flourish. And when light shines through them they are such a pretty green color! I highly recommend them for tall low light tanks.

In my 29 gal I have lots of jungle val aswell I see it grows a lot, i even have a bit in my 55 aswell its got to be like 20inch long and still growing

Back
Top Bottom