What plants should i add to my 5 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Java_moose

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So far I've got java moss, quadrifolia in the foreground, a banana plant, and a small red crypt wendtii that I added yesterday but forgot to take a picture then. It's planted in the front way in the right corner.

Second pic is one of my ghost shrimps :) fun little guy

Attachments

• image-561487938.jpg
    image-561487938.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 71
  • image-3531923936.jpg
    image-3531923936.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 75
an aubias maybe? If you have other tanks you could try java or wedelov ferns- I say if you have more tanks because they reproduce easily.

What kind of fish or is it an invert only tank?

What type of lighting do you have as that will determine the type of plants you can use.

What type of lighting do you have as that will determine the type of plants you can use.

I have pretty high lighting (2 t5 6500k) and dose excel, and have a high quality substrate. It will be a beta tank.

You could do Dwarf Baby Tears, Crypt Parva, Dwarf Sag, any small stem plant (you will just have to keep them trimmed down) but Bacopa, small leaved rotalas or ludwigia, would be good, perhaps pygmy chain sword. Try to stay with plants that stay small or can be kept trimmed so keep in scale with the tank size. Also if you have any DW or shaded areas in the tank anubia nana "petite", bolbitus, and java fern wendilov would be great choices.

You could do Dwarf Baby Tears, Crypt Parva, Dwarf Sag, any small stem plant (you will just have to keep them trimmed down) but Bacopa, small leaved rotalas or ludwigia, would be good, perhaps pygmy chain sword. Try to stay with plants that stay small or can be kept trimmed so keep in scale with the tank size. Also if you have any DW or shaded areas in the tank anubia nana "petite", bolbitus, and java fern wendilov would be great choices.

Thanks for your help! I went with ludwigia, dwarf sag, narrow anacharis and a pet smart plant called "fringe"

Attachments

• image-246462842.jpg
    image-246462842.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 58
If your talking about the plant in the very back slightly off center to the right that is wisteria.

Back
Top Bottom