What size tank are paintball co2 setsup good for?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CleverBs

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am lookiing for a decent regulator for my 30g tank and am wondering if maybe paintball co2 is the best way to go? How long do they last? Would I be better off just getting a 5lb tank? Give me some knowledge on paintball co2 systems.

I have an Aquatek delivering a steady 2 bps to my 30 now. Inline reactor
Oops- yah, get about 3 months off a 20 oz. Tank.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Last edited:
I have a 24 oz Valken paintball tank and at ~3 bps 8 hours a day it lasts me an average of 4-4.5 months. Refills are about $5.
I use an AquaTek Premium Regulator with CoolTouch Solenoid. Decent? It's okay. The fine adjustment knob can be touchy; move it a hair and you go from 1 bps to 4 bps. But once you get it adjusted its pretty stable.
I use an adaptor for the PB tank. If I ever move up to a 5 lb tank, I'm good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have a 24 oz Valken paintball tank and at ~3 bps 8 hours a day it lasts me an average of 4-4.5 months. Refills are about $5.
I use an AquaTek Premium Regulator with CoolTouch Solenoid. Decent? It's okay. The fine adjustment knob can be touchy; move it a hair and you go from 1 bps to 4 bps. But once you get it adjusted its pretty stable.
I use an adaptor for the PB tank. If I ever move up to a 5 lb tank, I'm good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

whats the attachment? I would like to try this out. I have a paintball tank at home and if I could save a few bucks for now that would be good and just buy the 5lb down the road

Good for small tanks. I've learned a 24oz bottle doesn't last but a little over a month on a 75g.

Large tanks I would do a 5+ pound bottle.

Caleb

Back
Top Bottom