What the.... (ID needed)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr Burns

Aquarium Advice FINatic
This is definitely a first for me. I was going to remove some of the bushy algae from my java fern when I noticed this little bugger hanging onto the algae! What is it and does it pose any threat to the tank? tia

looks a lot like an earthworm to me. since it was hanging out in algae, I doubt it poses a threat to your fish. It might munch on plants though.

I'm picky about my tanks...if I found one of those, I'd toss it in the garbage or put it in my lawn (assuming its an earthworm).

bloodworm definitly. Do you feed bloodworms to your fish?

If not these guys are a yuppmy treat for some fish

Never fed bloodworms to my fish, certainly not in the 10gal. It was pretty out in the open but the false siamensis didn't seem to enticed...

Ah, I'm not able to get live bloodworms here...the frozen ones are a bit too mangled. The photo doesn't show the true size (just a tip, I've used .25 coins to help show scale in some photos).

I'd say it probably just hitchhiked in on some plants, or if you add fish by pouring the bag into the tank.

Good point, I should have scaled it. It couldn't have been more than one millimeter in width and an inch in length complete strectched out. The picture was taken with the bugger on a paper towel, so you can maybe scale it a bit with those paper towel dimples...

Back
Top Bottom