What to do now?..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok new results:

Ph: 7.2
Ammonia: 0 ppm
Nitrite: 0 ppm
Nitrate: 40 ppm

Also just bought some hornwort and a blue mystery snail :)

Would anyone advise against using my little co2 fizz factory yet?

I bought an acid and alkiline buffer but have not used them yet, im suprised the ph change didnt shock the fish they seemed just fine but i dont want to do another change untill i make sure i know how to use the buffers together, also i heard you could run the co2 in the day and your air pump at night. any sugestions?

I would advise people not to buy the co2 system by jungle (if they have lybrinth fish), as i just set it up for the fist time and 2 minutes later my perfectly healthy groumie died from taking a bubble of CO2. A mistake in the overall design lead to the death of the poor fish, because the design has an opening and fish can enter the CO2 compartment. opps. looking into DIYCO2. poor groumie.

PH now up to 7.8 and im guessing the alkilinty went up is that good for the plants? but should i vac all the gravel and put in new fertilazer tabs or just keep doing water changes for the rest of that nitrate?

Back
Top Bottom