What to plant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lol well im a high schooler and I love this hobby! But sadly dont have as much money to put into it as i would like so I do a lot of improvising haha

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Do I need a cap? I was planning on getting some flourite from my lfs and leaving it as is.

Oh well thank you lol I think ill stick with just the flourite and I was planning on using java moss as my carpet

Haven't gotten one yet saving up for the finnex planted+ LED until sticking with low light plants

Here's my current hood going to get a different bulb next week as this one is only a 15watt

Attachments

• 1401590730472.jpg
    1401590730472.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 50
Here's my current hood going to get a different bulb next week as this one is only a 15watt

What kind of bulb did you have in mind? With T-5 and T-8 fluorescent bulbs, you really cannot change the to higher wattage bulbs using the same fixture. You can change to a more plant friendlier spectrum.

Lol well im a high schooler and I love this hobby! But sadly dont have as much money to put into it as i would like so I do a lot of improvising haha

Improvising can be a good thing. Promotes creativity and thinking outside of the box. You may have to do a bit more research to find lower costing alternatives.

I have a cfls hood idk that was better :p but it only holds 2 bulbs. Will it work? If so what bulbs should I get?

What kind of bulb did you have in mind? With T-5 and T-8 fluorescent bulbs, you really cannot change the to higher wattage bulbs using the same fixture. You can change to a more plant friendlier spectrum.

I was planning on trying the zoo med ultra sun lamb bulb 18"/15 watt 6500K T-8 it said it was suppose to help plant growth and stimulate photosynthesis or something along those lines located at my local Petsmart $15.99

I was planning on trying the zoo med ultra sun lamb bulb 18"/15 watt 6500K T-8 it said it was suppose to help plant growth and stimulate photosynthesis or something along those lines located at my local Petsmart $15.99

This should work (better) for the low light plants you have now. And save up for the Finnex LED. As you can see from the cost of a single bulb, imagine doubling that for a dual bulb T5 setup and then buying them annually. It adds up and the LED makes sense.

Yea I did the math and the finnex is the best choice plus the fact that I need the other hood for a different tank. What about my cfls hood would it work better until I can get the finnex?

Back
Top Bottom