What type of plant is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CharAsh

Aquarium Advice Regular
I received this plant in an aquarium (I have about a handful of it) but am not sure what it is. Is it a moss? I want to know so I can see what it's requirements are. It's not connected to anything in the tank, since it just sinks to the bottom of the tank anyways.

Attachments

• image-2202279806.jpg
    image-2202279806.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 55
Here's another picture if it helps.
Thanks

Attachments

• image-1635919422.jpg
    image-1635919422.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 48
I think you're right, I looked up pictures of subwassertang on google an it looks like it. Not sure what I'm going to do with it yet but I was thinking that maybe my local pet store will take it in for some store credit. Thanks for the help!

I doubt you'll get any credit for it. It's like java moss or duck weed. Very prolific, though not as common as the other two. Of course, it never hurts to ask :) I do believe that someone was looking for some in the classifieds here recently... not sure how USPS shipping works in Hawaii though.

Haha well we're very secluded here on the big island. The stores don't even sell java moss. The only plants that is usually sold here is java fern, amazon sword, anacharis, crypts, and duckweed that I've found so far and bought. There's only 3 pet stores on the whole island that I know of that sells plants.

Well, you'd think there would be more on an island surrounded by some of the most beautiful saltwater fish there are. Maybe you'll have some luck getting some credit on it afterall

Haha, the stores are always stocked with saltwater fish and such. It's the things we have to import that we're lacking on.

Back
Top Bottom